Friday 19 August 2011

Chape Pendant


Research Project
November/December 2010

This piece was based on a roman chape that I drew in Dundee McManus Gallery.
My design revolved around this piece of ebony wood that I carved and sanded. I liked the shape so much I wanted it to be the centre piece of my design. By keeping the chape form in mind, I created a case for the wood to sit in. Then made the chain and surprisingly I really enjoyed making the chain, there is a sense of achievement when it gets long enough.

The piece falls to your stomach. The pendant itself is between 40 - 50 mm in height.

This is one of my favourite pieces. Even my classmates and friends said it was "so me". It has a sharp elegance about it that I love. I am also fond of the silver/black contrast.



-

No comments:

Post a Comment