Thursday 25 February 2010

New Project - Underworld theme

So I've decided to go rather dark for this next project. Looking through my big tangled mass of jewellery I found necklaces from my "goth" days. Haha... you know the ones where you think you look cool but you really don't. Yes... those days :P

Anyway... first of all I had to look up on religious/spiritual symbolism... not my kind of thing if I'm being honest... I have probably gone the opposite direction to most... I started thinking about hell (pleasant I know!! haha) then looked at black stones and came across Obsidian which is a natural glass (mmmm glass.... I need to remember to write up a blog about my glass work I did in highschool...) and it is said to have come from the underworld....

Recently I've just been looking up the greek mythology of the underworld. I honestly don't know where I'm going to go with this.... but we'll just have to wait and see! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment